Staff House Museum

Location: 820 McKinley Avenue, Kellogg
Phone: (208) 786-4141
Locally referred to as the Shoshone County Mining and Smelting Museum, the Staff House Museum is full of interesting tidbits regarding the mining boom at Bunker Hill. The building housing the museum is also historic. The Bunker Hill and Sullivan Mining Company built the two-story home in 1906 as a wedding present for Manager Stanley Easton and his new bride. Although the family lived quite comfortably in this residence, they moved to Couer d’Alene in 1920 and the home was converted into a residence for single Bunker Hill staff members (whereby the museum draws its name). In 1940, the residence was moved to its current location, and in 1986, the Staff House Museum opened its doors.

Thirteen exhibit rooms house numerous historical photos, rock and mineral displays, mining history and old mining equipment, impressive facts regarding Bunker Hill’s 96 years of operation, a 3D model of the underground mine, and an art gallery. The museum is open 10 AM to 5 PM daily May through September. Admission is $4 for adults ages 19-54, $3 for seniors, $1 for youth ages 6-18, free for those under 6, $6 per family, plus special group rates.

Home | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2018 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved