Pop. 668

Centered in a logging district, this small town hosted several names between the years 1864 and 1881 before adopting its present one. Those names were: Antoine Plantes Ferry, Cowleys Ferry, and Spokane Bridge. In 1886, the name Hauser was suggested in honor of S.T. Hauser, an owner of the Coeur d’Alene Railway and Navigation Company. The post office operated from 1888 to 1907.

Home | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2018 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved