Silverton
Pop. 800

Originally named West Wallace for its proximity to the community of Wallace, the name was changed in 1941 to reflect the large amounts of silver ore mined here. The town’s most notable building is a brick structure visible from the highway. Erected between 1916 and 1917, the $2 million building is highlighted with several dormer windows and was initially operated as a county hospital. Although the structure still stands, the hospital it once held is long gone.

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2010 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved