Ahsahka
Pop. 150

Ahsahka was established in 1898 on the banks of the North Fork of the Clearwater River and was named after an old Native American village located nearby. Although it is agreed that the town’s name reflects a Native American term, there are discrepancies as to the word’s meaning. While some insist that Ahsahka means “forks of a river,” others maintain that the word’s translation is “box canyon” or Salish for “brushy country.”

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2010 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved