Clearwater
Pop. 35

The name Clearwater was first attributed to the river, then the town. The name supposedly is the translation of the Nez Perce word, “Kook-Koos-Kai-Kai,” which is a traditional Native American adjective used to describe clear water. The community is situated at the headwaters of Clear Creek, and Clearwater’s post office was established in 1872.

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2010 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved