Kendrick
Pop. 369

Established by John Kirby in 1888 as Latah, this small town’s name was changed when the Northern Pacific Railroad came through in 1890. To ensure the line reached the small settlement, its name was changed to honor the railroad’s chief engineer. Ties for the line were cut from trees paralleling the intended route, and a railroad bridge was completed in 1898. The town itself was nearly decimated in a 1904 fire, but residents had high hopes for their community and rebuilt the town. Kendrick hosts one of the state’s oldest newspapers, the Kendrick Press News, and the small town is known for its beautiful locust trees that bloom each spring.

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2010 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved