Mount Idaho
Pop. 75

Established at the foot of the mountain that serves as its namesake, Mount Idaho became the first settlement along the road between Lewiston and the Florence mines. The town’s first postmaster, Loyal P. Brown, was responsible for naming the town in 1862, and postal services were active in the area from 1863 to 1922. Although the town was named Idaho County seat in 1865, the designation was later transferred to the larger and more prosperous Grangeville settlement in 1902.

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2010 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved