Pollock
Pop. 100

Established in 1872 as a mining supply center, Pollock was granted a post office in 1893. Within twenty years of its settlement, the community was prospering as a regional trading post. For unknown reasons, the town site was moved four miles south between 1914 and 1919. It was named for Thomas Pollock, the second postmaster, who donated land for the original townsite’s plat. When the location moved south, the name tagged along.

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2010 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved