Woodland

Spurred on by news of unclaimed land and rich mineral deposits, several Kansas residents migrated here in the mid 1800s. Upon settling in a flat, wooded area, the new homesteaders christened their small mining camp, Woodland. The town serves as the final stop for a branch of the Northern Pacific Railroad, and a post office operated in the area from 1898 to 1935.

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2010 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved