Buhl
Pop. 3,985

Buhl was founded as part of the Twin Falls South Side irrigation project in 1905, and named for one of the founders, Frank H. Buhl. Although Frank originally came to the area in 1901 in hopes of purchasing a mining property, he soon discovered the property of his interest had been sold. Seeking opportunity, he investigated the possibility of developing an irrigation system. He and a gentleman named Peter Kimberly formed a corporation and completed their project. Buhl was platted in 1905 and lots sold for $1,750 each.

In 1928 Jack and Selma Tingey came up from Utah and began the area’s first trout farm on the Snake River. Today, the trout farm produces over twenty-five million pounds of trout each year and is a proud employer of local residents. Buhl is also recognized as an agricultural center, and the famous Green Giant vegetable brand operates a factory in the heart of Buhl.

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2010 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved