Rogerson
Pop. 65

Formerly called Deep Creek Meadows by the first settlers in 1880, Rogerson was later named Terminal City because it served as the railroad line terminus in 1909. When a postal application was completed in 1910, the town selected Rogerson as its title. The name recognizes pioneer settler, Robert Rogerson, who became a prominent llivestock rancher and assisted in platting the town site on his property. The town quickly became the center of the region’s livestock economy, with cattle driven from hundreds of miles away to the Rogerson stockyards and railroad dock. Today, the quiet community serves the numerous anglers headed for Salmon Falls or Cedar Creek as well as the many tourists passing through on their way to Nevada’s casinos.

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2010 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved