Wendell
Pop. 2,338

Once referred to as the “Hub City of the Magic Valley,” Wendell was established in 1907 with the help of W. H. Kuhn. Kuhn and American Water Works out of Pittsburgh became major financiers of the North Side Irrigation Project during the development of the Twin Falls area. After selecting a town site and helping sell commercial lots, Kuhn christened the new settlement after his son, Wendell. A post office was established in 1908, and with the development of a Union Pacific Railroad line, the town began to grow.

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2010 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved