Driggs
Pop. 1,100

When Mormon homesteaders arrived here in 1888, there were few other settlers in this area. More Mormons ventured up from Utah soon after and the town of Driggs was formed. As there were so many Driggses who signed the petition for a post office, the department decided to name the town after them. This was done in 1894, but the town itself was not incorporated until 1909.

In the early 1830s, trade gatherings between the Indians, trappers and mountain men were held just one mile south of Driggs. Known by locals for years as “The Cultural Hub of the Teton Basin,” Driggs is a blur of activity that offers supplies to those visiting the Tetons and Big Hole Mountains.

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2010 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved