Dubois
Pop. 420

When settlers arrived in this area in the 1880s, the town was named after one of them, Fred Thomas Dubois. Fred was a US Marshall who later became Idaho’s Senator. The post office was established in 1892 and the settlement grew with the onset of successful farming that lasted from 1910-1920. After the farming boom fizzled, many of the residents left town and most buildings were leveled. Today, the quiet town is best known for boasting a large grazing region.

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2010 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved