Egin

Located just seven miles west of St. Anthony, Egin is the oldest permanent settlement in Fremont County and was established by Mormon settlers in 1879. In 1810, when Andrew Henry wintered in the area, he built a temporary post consisting of a few log houses. This small town was formerly called Greenville but that changed in 1880 with the arrival of the first post office. The term Egin comes from the Shoshone word “ech-unt,” meaning “cold.”

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2010 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved