Iona
Pop. 1,201

Located just seven miles from Idaho Falls, Iona is an agricultural community that Mormon colonizers founded in 1884. The area was originally known as Sands Creek, but when Mormons arrived in the area, they renamed it after a small town in Israel. The term means “beautiful.” The community’s post office has operated since1892.

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2010 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved