Thornton
Pop. 150

Originally named “Texas Siding,” this community was established in 1887. The expansion of the railroad line across the South Fork of the Snake River and into Madison County was a turning point in the town’s history. Equipped with a reliable transportation source, the town grew and it became an important freight stop. When the town acquired a post office in 1904, the community name was changed to Thornton in honor of the first postmaster.

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2010 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved