Dayton
Pop. 444

This small town has quite a name history. It was first called Franklin Meadows because the original settlers arrived from Franklin. Five Mile Creek was its second name because it was located five miles from Weston and five miles from Clifton. Next, it was called Chadville, after Joseph Chadwick. The name Dayton was finally given to the town in recognition of Bishop William B. Preston because he always visited the town during daylight hours. Opened in 1912, the community’s post office discontinued services in 1931.

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2010 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved