Weston
Pop. 425

Located just five miles north of the Utah/Idaho border, Weston was established in 1865 as the second Mormon settlement in the state. Migrating from Utah, fifteen families crossed the icy Bear River and soon realized their new village was the only settlement west of Franklin. Thus, early pioneer Ezra T. Benson dubbed the site “West Town.” The name was later shortened to Weston, and the town acquired postal services in 1873. Near the community is historical Weston Canyon. Findings from a 1969-1970 digging have led several archeologists to conclude that big game hunters inhabited the area over 7,000 years ago.

Home | Free Brochures | Bookstore | Idaho Travel and Vacation Planner | Idaho Real Estate and Relocation Information | Idaho Tour

Copyright ©2010 New Times Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved